- Olive oil
- 750g piece boneless pork, cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup dry apple cider
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Chilli seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Side recommendationss: Sautéed Red cabbage, leeks and crispy potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Brown the pork pieces for 4-5 Remove from the pan and place in a casserole dish.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic to the pan and cook for two minutes, or until golden. Add the onion mixture to the casserole dish with the cider, stock, barbecue sauce, mustard, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid and bake for 2 – 2 ½ hours, stirring occasionally, until the pork is very tender.
- Shred the pork chunks with two forks and serve garnished with the parsley.