From Allyson Gofton’s Slow.
- 1 kg lean pork for casseroling
- 2 large kumara, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml coconut cream
- Fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 250g sugar snap or snow peas, blanched
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Rice to serve
- Turn the slow cooker on to low to pre-warm while gathering and preparing the ingredients.
- Cut the pork, kumara and carrots into chunky 3-cm/1-inch pieces.
- Optional: Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan and brown the pork pieces over high heat. Brown the onion lightly.
- Into the pre-warmed slow cooker put the pork, kumara, carrots, onion, curry paste, tomato paste, kaffir lime leaves and coconut cream. Stir to mix and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Season with pepper and a dash of fish sauce if desired. Add the tomatoes, sugar snap or snow peas, basil and coriander and cover with the lid. Cook on high for 15 minutes before serving with boiled jasmine rice.