I made vanilla Easter cupcakes a couple of years ago, and this year I followed the same theory to create these gluten-free vegan Easter cupcakes.
Base = GF/V chocolate cupcakes
Icing = Vegan peanut butter frosting:
• ½ cup / 112g vegan butter, softened
• ¼ cup / 65g smooth peanut butter
• 3 cups / 360g icing sugar
• 3 tablespoons / 45ml non-dairy milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bake the cupcakes according to the recipe, leave to cool, then ice with a thick layer of the frosting (just use a knife to smooth it over).
Then dip the cupcake in grated dark chocolate, and top with a mini-egg and a chick (found in craft stores like Spotlight). You can use melted dark chocolate or peanut butter to get the decorations to stay on.