Another winner from Cara Reed, this is just the chocolate cupcake base. I’ll be referring to it in future recipes for various GF/V cupcake creations, or you can combine it with your own choice of toppings and decorations. This recipe makes a dozen cupcakes.
• 1 ½ C / 250g gluten-free flour blend
• ¾ C / 66g cocoa powder
• ½ / 73g brown sugar
• ½ c / 100g granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons / 7.5g baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon xantham gum
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 C / 240 ml non-dairy milk
• ½ C / 120ml hot water
• ½ C / 120ml vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons / 14g flaxseed meal plus 6 tablespoons / 90ml water – thickened for 5 minutes
• 1 tablespoon / 15ml apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
• ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
• Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease or line a muffin pan.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
• In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients together until well mixed.
• Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
• Pour in the muffin tin and bake for 17-20 minutes.
• Allow to cool, then decorate as desired.