• Pasta, preferably capellini
• 1 cup broccoli, chopped small and lightly steamed
• 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• Zest from half a lemon
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly roasted
• Salt, pepper and parmesan (optional) to taste
• Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
• Steam or microwave broccoli until just tender, and set aside.
• Roast the pine nuts until lightly brown, and set aside.
• Sautee garlic in olive oil for two minutes. Remove from heat, and whisk in lemon juice and zest.
• In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, garlic, lemon, and pine nuts. Gently toss to combine.
• Season generously with salt and pepper to taste, and top it off with parmesan cheese if desired.