Quick and easy, and a great side for soups!
• 1 cup flour
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup greated cheese
• 1 egg
• Sift dry ingredients together, then mix in cheese, then the beaten egg.
• Add enough milk to make a dough (if it’s too wet just add a bit more flour).
• Roll into balls, keeping in mind that they’ll approximately double in size when baked – the quantities above should yield about ten puffs.
• Bake at 230°C/450°F for 10-12 minutes.
To make gluten free:
Add an extra egg and an extra teaspoon of baking powder. Any regular GF flour mix works fine as a substitute.