I owe the satay sauce to Nigella Lawson; the rest was pretty much improv.
• Chicken breast, skin removed
• Various fry-able veggies, diced (fresh or frozen)
• Peanuts (unsalted)
• Peanut oil for frying
• (Most of) 1 can coconut cream
• 2 tablespoon peanut butter
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• Cook the rice to your preference.
• Cut the chicken into strips, and fry in oil until cooked. Set aside.
• Heat more oil and add garlic, onion and chilli flakes. Cook until onion is soft.
• Add sugar and stir until caramelised. Add soy sauce and peanut butter and stir through.
• Add the coconut milk a little at a time, stirring through, until it reaches a consistency you’re happy with (I usually use about 3/4 can).
• Add the veggies and peanuts; when they’re cooked, add the chicken and fry for a further minute.
• Serve with rice.