Great for leftover rice. You could use leftover cooked meat, or go vegetarian.
• Egg, beaten
• Diced bacon or ham (optional)
• Shallots or onion, chopped
• Frozen peas, carrots and/or corn
• Soy sauce
• Cook the rice to al dente (or use leftover cooked rice)
• Pour beaten egg into a heated, oiled frying pan, and cook until omelette is set. Remove and roughly chop.
• Sauté bacon or ham until lightly golden.
• Stir in shallots and frozen veggies, and stir-fry for two minutes.
• Add cooked rice with the chopped omelette and a dash of soy sauce and toss gently over medium heat until heated through.