• 2 slices wholemeal bread
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsbp basil pesto
• 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese*
• 2-3 tbsp chopped black olives
• 1/4 tsp thyme
• 1/4/-1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup pine nuts
• 8 large flat, brown (or 12-16 smaller) mushrooms
• Crumb bread in a food processor.
• Add the garlic and process briefly.
• Add the next six ingredients and process until just mixed (the mixture should stay as crumbs, not turn to paste).
• Tip in the pine nuts and whiz again to mix evenly.
• Remove and discard the mushroom stems.
• Arrange the mushrooms (gills up) in a single layer on a pan.
• Spoon the filling into the caps, dividing it evenly between the mushrooms and leave it sitting ‘fluffed up’ rather than packed down.
• Cook at 220°C/430°F for 12-15 minutes, or until the filling is golden brown
* Don’t fuss if you don’t have parmesan cheese; a grated handful of your standard favourites (Cheddar, Mild, Edam, etc.) will work just as well