Perfect for leftover rice.
• 2 cups cooked rice
• 3 cups milk (or dairy-free substitute)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1/2 cup raisins or currants
• Spices to taste, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc.
• Walnuts for crunch if desired
• Add all ingredients to a saucepan except the spices and bring to the boil.
• Boil for a few minutes then lower heat to a simmer until most of the milk is absorbed.
• Once it’s at your desired consistency, add spices (and nuts if using).
• Serve hot or cold.