From Step-By-Step’s Quick and Easy. Prep time: 15 minutes, total cooking time: 10 minutes.
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 10cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
• 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced
• 4 spring onions (scallions), sliced
• 200g fresh asparagus spears, sliced on the diagonal
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 4 tablespoons slivered almonds, roasted
• Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat, add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger and chicken, and stir-fry until the chicken changes colour.
• Add spring onion and asparagus and stir-fry for a further two minutes, or until the spring onion is soft.
• Stir in soy sauce and 3 tablespoons water, cover and simmer for two minutes or until the chicken is tender and the vegetables are slightly crisp.
• Sprinkle with almonds and serve on steamed rice or hokkien (egg) noodles.