I got this recipe online from Delish. Watermelon wasn’t in season when I made it so I didn’t make the salsa, but it looks good so I included it here.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup tequila
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon cumin (ground or seeds, either’s fine)
• 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 4 (6-ounce) boneless chicken pieces (the original recipe called for breast; I used thigh, so use what you prefer)
> Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and soak the chicken thoroughly. [Prepare the salsa while the chicken marinates].
> Cook on a grill, turning once after 10-12 minutes, until thickest parts are just cooked through.
• 1 cup watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
• 1 cup peach, cut into 1/3-inch dice
• 2/3 cups finely diced fresh tomatillos or green tomatoes
• 2 red Fresno chiles or 1 large jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion
• 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
• Lime slices and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
> Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly.
> Garnish with lime slices and cilantro.