• 1 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup coconut
• 3 weetbix
• 2 tablespoons cocoa
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 6 oz / 175g butter
• Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F.
• Mix dry ingredients, crushing the weetbix by hand.
• Melt butter and add vanilla.
• Mix all ingredients together.
• Pour into a lined square baking tin, and gently press down.
• Bake for 20 minutes (the edges should be just starting to crisp).
• Ice with peppermint icing (icing sugar, water and peppermint essence), and when set ice with chocolate icing (icing sugar, water and cocoa).
• Alternatives: Use lemon-rind or orange-rind instead of peppermint to make chocolate lemon crunch or chocolate orange crunch, or ice with just the chocolate icing to make chocolate crunch.