• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 2 cups water to blanch lemon slices
• 1 more of cup water
• 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
• Thinly slice lemon.
• Blanch in 2 cups boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
• In the same saucepan, stir together water and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar.
• Add blanched lemon slices and heat until the mixture starts to boil slightly.
• Reduce to simmer; simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from heat.
• Spray a cooling rack with non-stick spray and place individual lemon slices in a single layer to dry for up to 24 hours.
• Store in an airtight container separated with wax paper.