• Short and sweet pastry (store-bought or home-made).
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup lemon juice
• Rind of two lemons
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 2 tablespoons cornflour
• 2 eggs
• 4 tablespoons milk
• 1 tablespoons butter
• Roll the pastry out, cut with round cookie cutters, and bake in muffin tins for 12-15 minutes at 150°C/300°F (but check regularly so that they don’t overcook). This creates the cases of the tarts.
• Combine flour, cornflour and water in saucepan.
• Simmer until smooth, then add the other ingredients.
• Stir on low until mixture thickens, and spoon into the tart cases.
• You can prepare the tart shells and lemon curd separately a few days in advance, keeping the shells in an airtight container and the curd in the fridge. To prevent the shells from going soft, prepare the tarts just before serving.