This was taken directly off the side of a can of Wattie’s condensed tomato soup.
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 kg chicken pieces or 8 drumsticks
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
• 2 rashers bacon, diced (optional)
• 150g mushrooms, quartered
• 420g can Wattie’s condensed tomato soup
• ½ cup wine or stock
• 2 teaspoons thyme
• Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and brown chicken pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.
• Add onion, garlic and bacon to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients and season with pepper.
• Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning it halfway through cooking.
• Serve on pasta or rice with your favourite green vegetables.