From “Step-by-step: Quick and Easy”. This recipe takes about 15 minutes preparation time and 20 minutes cooking time, and serves four.
• 250g jasmine rice
• 4 tablespoons plain flour
• ¾ teaspoons five-spice powder
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 750g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons peanut oil for frying
• 1 ¼ kg mixed Asian greens
• Oyster sauce
• Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
• Meanwhile, combine the flour, five-spice powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
• Cut the chicken into finger-sized strips.
• Toss the chicken in the flour until well coated.
• Heat one tablespoon of the peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned and the juices run clear.
• Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
• Heat another tablespoon of the oil and cook the mixed Asian greens over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce and toss through.
• Serve the greens on a bed of jasmine rice topped with the chicken strips.