• 1 packet Arnott’s Nice biscuits
• 125g butter
• 250g cream cheese
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 packet of lemon jelly
• Juice of one lemon (or approx 2-3 tablespoons of bottled juice)
• One 375ml can of carnation evaporated milk (chilled overnight)
• Crush biscuits, mix with melted butter and shape into tin.
• Bake for ten minutes at 175°C/350°F. The base should be just beginning to brown – be careful not to overcook it.
– Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in blender.
– Mix jelly with ¾ cup of water and lemon juice.
– Whip milk until thick.
• Slowly add jelly to evaporated milk, then cream cheese mixture. Blend well, and then pour into tin.
• Chill overnight.
Tip: This recipe works best if the evaporated milk has been chilled in the fridge for at least 24 hours. This gives the cheesecake a nice, fluffy consistency – unchilled milk yields a rather flat cheesecake.